If you’ve ever parked your car under the hot sun, you’d know just what such windshield sunshade is good for your car. It keeps the heat out so your interiors aren’t damaged by the intense sunlight and it allows you to take a comfy seat right after you open the door. What some people don’t know is that one car windshield shade is not as good as another. Here are the best windshield sunshades you can buy in the market.
The Best Windshield Sunshades
|1||Shade-It Windshield Sun Shade||[usr 4.7]||CLICK FOR BEST PRICE|
|2||Plasticolor 003700R01 Star Wars Accordion Sunshade||[usr 4.5]||CLICK FOR BEST PRICE|
|3||X-Shade Jumbo Sun Shade for Car Windshield||[usr 4.4]||CLICK FOR BEST PRICE|
|4||EzyShade Car Windshield Sunshade||[usr 4.2]||CLICK FOR BEST PRICE|
|5||PNBB Baby Car Sun Shade with Suction Cup||[usr 4.0]||CLICK FOR BEST PRICE|
|6||Car Windshield Sunshade by mAuto||[usr 3.8]||CLICK FOR BEST PRICE|
|7||Road Charms Nylon Folding Car Windshield Shade with UV Protection||[usr 3.5]||CLICK FOR BEST PRICE|
|8||Universal 24x58 inch Reflective Slanted SKULL with Reflective SILVER Reverse Side||[usr 3.3]||CLICK FOR BEST PRICE|
1. Shade-It Windshield Sun Shade
This Windshield Sun Shade is a nice example of what you should be looking for. It is silver in color, and it even features a tongue-in-cheek sunglasses design for your windshield.
It’s available in several different sizes, such as medium (59 by 27.55 inches), large (63 by 33.86 inches), and X-large (65.7 by 36.4 inches). Since most windshields measure 63 by 29 inches, the large version should suffice.
The silver coating on the nylon material is the most important feature though since it’s the barrier that protects your car interior. It reflects 95% of the sunlight and reduces the UV damage by 99%. Open the door of your car, and it should be able to reduce the heat inside when you get in.
It’s also much more portable than your average bulky windshield shade with the accordion design. It folds up to a tenth of its fill size and it is lightweight. There’s even a nice pouch for you to put it in.
The nylon of the shade is very durable, but Shade-It backs up its claim with a 1-year money-back guarantee. That’s not a limited warranty—it’s a promise that you have a year to return it for a full refund if you don’t like it for some reason.
Finally, Shade-It even donates $1 to Feeding America for every purchase of this car windshield shade. Considering how affordable this is, it’s a rather significant percentage of their profit.
- It’s easy to use, as you just twist it to open and to fold back. It comes with instructions.
- It’s lightweight and portable.
- It works well in protecting the interiors and reducing the heat.
- It comes with a 1-year guarantee, and customer support is terrific.
- You have to measure your windshield first so you get the right size.
- The material will get brittle after several years.
This is a popular choice, and many people sing its praises. Just get it in the right size, as the majority of (very few) negative reviews whine about how the buyer got the wrong size.
2. Plasticolor 003700R01 Star Wars Accordion Sunshade
Lots of car windshield shades feature pictures these days, and the Plasticolor offers one too. But this time, it’s the iconic look of the 4 Star Wars guys (Chewie, Luke Skywalker, Obi-wan Kenobi, and Han Solo) on the bridge of the Millennium Falcon on their way to rescue Princess Leia from Darth Vader.
If that description of the picture didn’t make sense to you, then this is not for you. (Also, exactly what kind of movies have you been watching?) But for Star Wars fans, this is a blast. You get the sense that the Force is strong with your car, and you wonder if it can make the Kessel Run under 12 parsecs.
This is your typical accordion-style windshield shade, and it measures about 58 by 27.5 inches. When it’s folded, you can secure it with its elastic strap.
- It’s plastic, not cardboard.
- It fits most cars.
- Most people know how to use the accordion-style shade.
- It’s a licensed product, so you won’t have lawyers sending you a subpoena about unlicensed Star Wars products.
- You can sense the Force with this. It really is fun to look at, and it can make every Star Wars fan smile when they see it.
- It won’t take a year before it will flake and fade.
This is strictly a cool decorative shade. While it does keep the sun out, the material isn’t really designed to last long if you live in places like Texas, Arizona, or Florida. But it’s affordable enough that if you’re a padawan, you can buy several and you can use them one after another.
3. X-Shade Jumbo Sun Shade for Car Windshield
This one is very similar to the Shade-It windshield shade. But it comes in more sizes and it’s more affordable too.
Once again you have a nylon cover for your windshield. The material is lightweight, it just pops open, and then it’s easy to fold back to about to 1/10 of its full size. You then have 2 rings on your windshield that’s reminiscent of sunglasses.
To use this, you just pop it open, place it against the windshield, and use the sun visors to hold it in place. When you’re done, you just fold it together, twist and turn, then put it back in its pouch (which comes with the purchase).
The nylon comes with the silver coating, and this is what protects your car from UV damage. It blocks up to 99% of the UV rays from reaching your interiors. You also end up with cooler seats once you come in.
There are 5 different sizes to choose from. The Jumbo should be good enough for most at 59 by 31.5 inches, although the biggest is the Extra Grande Jumbo that measures 83 by 40 inches.
Just measure your windshield properly, as getting the wrong size is the most common mistake of buyers. At least you can return it if it is the wrong size.
- The silver coating does its job well.
- The nylon is very durable.
- It’s easy enough to use.
- It’s very portable.
- It’s very easy to get the wrong size.
- The customer support may not refund your purchase, but instead, they may try to convince you to buy another of their products.
This is a very functional shade that’s affordable and durable. What more do you want?
4. EzyShade Car Windshield Sunshade
If you’ve ever read car windshield shade reviews, you may notice that most of the complaints are about how the buyer got the wrong size. It’s as if it’s the shade manufacturer’s fault that the buyer got the wrong size. But EzyShade even takes care of that with its Universal Fit for its car windshield shade.
The EzyShade is actually 2 shades, with each measuring 28 by 31 inches. So these can fit with windshields up to 35 inches high and 62 inches wide. If your windshield isn’t as wide, then it’s no problem because they can just overlap.
The outer wire of the EzyShade is ductile and strong, while inside the wire the thin fabric is reflective, durable, and even resistant to tearing.
The shades are easy to open and close, although you may need to practice with it to get it right quickly. It’s very portable, and you can put the pair of shades in its own pouch.
- It’s more likely to fit your windshield.
- The shade does keep your interiors cooler.
- It’s lightweight and portable.
- It looks a bit plain.
- You’ll need to practice to open and close it, though that shouldn’t take long.
Now you have no reason to worry about getting the right fit. If you’ve ever been frustrated by such a problem, this is the hassle-free answer. It works well, and it’s not flimsy at all.
5. PNBB Baby Car Sun Shade with Suction Cup
Now, this is one of the best shades, but only if you understand what it was designed for. Yes, it does help protect your car interior if you park it in the sun. But its real function is to protect your interior (and your passengers, such as a bay) from the sun even while you’re driving.
This is a set of mesh screens, and they function as some sort of makeshift tint for your windows. You have one large one for the back window, and 4 half-size ones for the side windows. These are smaller than the windows, but that’s okay. The point is that it takes away the glare and some of the heat of the sun.
So, this can help when you park your car, but that’s not its main purpose. It’s for people inside the car to get some relief from the sun when it’s shining brightly.
- If your windows aren’t tinted, it protects the people from the sun.
- It can help keep the sun out from the interiors when you park your car. You can move some of the shades for the windshield.
- It’s compact as you can just fold them when you’re done. It even comes with a pouch.
- It’s easy enough to use with the suction cups. Just moisten them first.
- This is not reflective material.
- The suction cups leave some sort of residue on the windows.
With regular windshield shades, you have to take them down when you drive. With this, you can cover your side and back windows while you drive.
6. Car Windshield Sunshade by mAuto
You actually get 2 designs in one windshield shade cover. One side is a plain silver cover while the other side features a pair of cute cartoon eyes. These are definitely charming, and you can pick one among the 3 cartoon eyes design available.
Both sides have double layers of UV-protection coating so that the windshield cover can actually last for a long while. They’re actually capable of reducing the heat inside the car by as much as 30 to 50 degrees F.
They’re sized at 51.2 by 27.6 inches, which should fit most windshield sizes. You just use the suction cups and they’re good to go. When you’re done, you just fold it up and secure it with the Velcro straps.
- It’s very cute when you display the cartoon eyes.
- There’s a plainer option if you want to be more discreet.
- It’s easy enough to attach to the windshield.
- It’s quite affordable.
- It’s only available in one size, so for bigger windshields, it may be a bit too small.
- There really isn’t a warranty for this.
- This may not last long over an intense summer.
Still, you can buy all 3 of the designs and use them alternately. That should keep them working longer and you also get different attractive looks for your parked car.
7. Road Charms Nylon Folding Car Windshield Shade with UV Protection
Many families these days opt for bigger vehicles such as SUVs, but they may not have enough options for bigger windshield shades. This is one possible solution since it is 70 inches across and 35 inches high. It’s actually a pair of screens so that even smaller windshields can make use of this. The screens can just overlap.
It’s made of reflective metallic nylon, which is quite effective to keep the sunlight out of the car interior. You just pop the pouch open and it comes out. You have a pair of 31-inch inserts to prop up the screen. When you’re done, you just fold it back to 1/16 of its original size.
- It should fit the windshield of any vehicle.
- It is effective in keeping the sunlight out.
- It’s very portable.
- The customer service is terrific.
- It’s the most expensive shade on this list (although it doesn’t go over $20).
- It looks a bit plain.
8. Universal 24×58 inch Reflective Slanted SKULL with Reflective SILVER Reverse Side
This is another reversible windshield shade, and it’s a great choice for those who don’t go for cutesy designs. One side is plain metallic silver, while the front side features a skull that should appeal to young men.
This measures 58 by 24 inches, and then when you’re done you fold it back to ¼ of its full size.
- The design is a welcome change from the mostly “cute” options.
- There’s also a plainer side if you want.
- It does make the inside of the car noticeably cooler (than without the shade).
- It may not fit some windshields.
- When you fold it when you’re done, it may still be inconveniently big.
It does look masculine and it works well in keeping things cool inside. For most people, that’s enough.
Conclusion for The Best Windshield Sunshades
There’s really no reason to park your car in the sun and suffer interior damage and personal discomfort. With the best car windshield shades, you protect your car interior, keep things cooler for yourself, and your car may even look great while parked. These shades are even remarkably affordable, so buy several shades to be safe.
More Tips for The Best Windshield Sunshades
DIY Side Window Sunshades For Your Car